Pinterest is a virtual gold mine for all things food, especially when it comes to low-carb, , or recipes. But when you consider the sheer amount of content on the sharing site, selecting the perfect recipe to try at home can feel a bit daunting. We reached out to Pinterest ourselves in an effort to efficiently sift through the clutter, particularly when it comes to low-carb recipes. The following three recipes, from Natasha's Kitchen, Cooking Classy, and Damn Delicious, have over 2.4 million saves between them.
In order from most to least saves, here are the three most popular low-carb recipes on everyone's favorite sharing site:
Cucumber Tomato + Avocado Salad
- Roma tomatoes
- Red onion, sliced
- Avocados, diced
- Extra virgin olive oil or sunflower oil
- Lemon juice
- Cilantro, chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Place chopped tomatoes, sliced cucumber, sliced red onion, diced avocado, and chopped cilantro into a large salad bowl.
- Drizzle with 2 Tbsp olive oil and 2 Tbsp lemon juice. Toss gently to combine. Just before serving, toss with 1 tsp sea salt and ⅛ tsp black pepper.
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Can of diced tomatoes with green chilies
- Bell peppers, sliced
- Yellow onion, halved and sliced
- Garlic, minced
- Chili powder
- Ground cumin
- Ground coriander
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh lime juice
- For serving: Flour tortillas, sour cream, cilantro, salsa, guacamole, Monterey jack or cheddar cheese
- Pour half of the canned tomatoes into the bottom of a slow cooker and spread into an even layer. Top with half of the peppers and half of the onions. Sprinkle garlic in. Top with chicken breasts.
- In a bowl, whisk together chili powder, cumin, paprika, coriander, salt and pepper. Evenly sprinkle half of the seasoning over chicken breasts, then flip chicken and top with the remainder. Add the remaining half of the tomatoes, then layer in remaining peppers and onions.
Baked Parmesan Zucchini
- Zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- Freshly grated Parmesan
- Dried thyme
- Dried oregano
- Dried basil
- Garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Olive oil
- Chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat a cooling rack with nonstick spray and place on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine Parmesan, thyme, oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
What are your go-to low-carb recipes? Share your favorites with us below.