If the ubiquity of the "Sunday Scaries" is any indication, Sundays consist of anxiety followed by more anxiety for far too many of us. While some pre-Monday jitters are inevitable as you transition from the carefree weekend back to weekday mode, forming a healthy and restful Sunday routine can work wonders to quell any uneasiness. "You've just got to have the right mindset [on Sundays] and commit to something, whether it be getting tasks done, relaxing, or spending time with your loved ones," writes , also reporting that roughly of people get bummed out on a Sunday night.
According to the publication, successful people make the most of their Sundays by doing the following things:
1. They spend quality time with friends and family. This tip comes courtesy of career coach and Roy Cohen, who argues that successful people make it a priority to spend time with loved ones outside of their jam-packed weekdays.
2. They go to bed at a decent time. Laura Vanderkam, author of , writes that going to bed at a consistent time each evening is crucial. "The worst thing you can do is stay up late then hit snooze in the morning," she adds.
3. They plan for the week ahead. Consider looking over your schedule for the coming week and making a to-do list, but "don't stress yourself out," specifies career coach .
4. They exercise. It can be easy to fall into lazy mode come Sunday, but Egan suggests taking a walk, playing a game of tennis, or going to a class at the gym to get your mind and body right.
5. They eat healthy. Since it's technically still the weekend, the idea of winding down with a glass of wine sounds tempting. But licensed counselor points out that alcohol is a depressant and suggests making a healthy dinner and enjoying an herbal tea instead.
6. They read. Reading is one of the best ways to keep your mind sharp while winding down at the end of the day—many successful businesspeople consider leisurely reading a nonnegotiable, .
7. They unplug from technology. According to career coach , responding to emails or texts should never be the last thing you do before bed. Try your best not to dwell on any work-related issues and swap out Netflix for a book.
Head over to for more.