I have always enjoyed . Just last week I promised myself a fancy coffee with full-fat milk from if I worked out five days in a row—at this fabulous studio called in San Francisco. Although I was incredibly sore, I did it, and I thoroughly enjoyed the $4 cappuccino in a hip atmosphere afterward. While it’s great when friends, family members, and significant others treat you to for a special occasion like your birthday, what about the other 364 days of the year?
Life is too short to not . After all, you work hard, so why not celebrate all the little, everyday accomplishments with a treat every now and then? Whether you’ve achieved a long-term goal that you have been working toward or simply had and crossed off everything on your to-do list, here are 34 ideas for pampering yourself. Remember that you’re worth it and that you deserve it.
1. Get a massage.
2. Get a manicure and pedicure.
3. Get a facial.
4. Book a night at a fancy hotel. Take a bubble bath, order room service, and watch a movie.
5. Go to the local oyster bar during $1-oyster happy hour. Order a dozen oysters on the half shell and a glass of Champagne.
6. Buy the prettiest flowers at Trader Joe’s, go home, and make yourself a bouquet to admire all week.
7. Take the afternoon off of work, grab that book you’ve been wanting to start, head to your favorite park, and spend several hours reading it.
8. Get a blowout.
9. Go to the local ice cream parlor and indulge in an ice cream cone or sundae.
10. Sign up for that calligraphy class you’ve been wanting to take.
11. Buy that piece of artwork you’ve been lusting after for months.
12. Throw a “me” party by yourself at home. Make your favorite cocktail, turn up your favorite song, and dance around the house.
13. Take a long and leisurely bubble bath.
14. Buy a bag of your favorite candy and eat one piece a day until the month is over.
15. Splurge on expensive skincare products.
16. Buy that new pair of boots you’ve been wanting.
17. Open a bottle of Champagne and drink the entire thing just because.
18. Buy a new lipstick or nail polish.
20. Go to your favorite restaurant and enjoy a meal all by yourself. Get the wine pairings if they have them.
21. Order a pizza, open a bottle of red wine from your cellar, and binge-watch that trashy TV show you’ve been thinking about starting.
22. Make your favorite dish (pasta, steak, roast chicken, macaroni and cheese) for dinner.
23. Go to the fancy coffee place and order a full-fat espresso drink.
24. Walk someplace where you’ll have a great view of the sunset. Bring a blanket and watch the day turn into night.
25. Take a nap!
26. Buy fancy cheese, charcuterie, and artisanal bread, and have that for dinner.
27. Go to your favorite deli, order your favorite sandwich, and have it for lunch someplace outside.
28. Go to a bakery and get a cupcake or doughnut. Eat it outside, standing up.
29. Buy yourself some new lingerie.
30. Hire someone to clean your house.
31. Visit that museum exhibit you’ve been wanting to check out.
32. Get a single ticket to the opera, ballet, or symphony. Get dressed up, go to the show, then have a late dinner at a nearby bistro. Order the cheeseburger and a martini.
33. Sleep in, and get your makeup done by a professional.
34. Order that Shopbop top you’ve been eyeing, get it gift-wrapped, and send it to yourself. Don’t forget a note telling yourself how fabulous you are.
This story was originally published on October 6, 2015, and has since been updated.