We’re planning on logging some major Netflix and chill moments over the weekend. make it easy to take your favorite shows, podcasts, and media with you anywhere. If you’re always on the move, keep scrolling for a how-to guide to stay caught up on all your shows.
Stream From a Friend's Apple TV
Apple TV enables streaming of video, music, and photos from your computer to your TV. This clever hack enables you to stream content anywhere, anytime, on anyone’s device. Previously, Apple TV would only connect with a device sharing the same WiFi network, so if you’re at a friend's place, you’re out of range. allows you to take your media with you and stream on any Apple TV on-demand. It’s free to download on iTunes, and the setup is simple. Here's how:
- Install Younity on each computer you want to access.
- Allow the app to index the content.
- Install the iOS app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Start playing a video in Younity.
- Pull up the Airplay option from the Apple menu at the bottom of your iPhone.
- Select AirPlay and the device you want to access.
- Your video will start streaming.
Access All Your Screens at Once
Another benefit of is gaining access to your full library of content. If you have a library of photos, movies, and content spread across multiple devices, from iPads to desktop computers, installing the app will merge your content. We love this feature for creating a single catalog of music. The easy-to-use interface means you won’t even need to browse by device. You can switch from streaming a playlist on your laptop to your sister's desktop easily without having to reconfigure your settings.
Everything in one place is as turnkey as it gets.
Geo-spoof Any Device
Due to restrictive licensing terms, some content will appear as blocked due to “geo-restricting,” a feature that only allows viewers located in specific geographic areas to access service. A Smart DNS service will override this. This is great for when you want to watch content on devices other than your Apple TV.
Setting up SmartDNS in OS X:
- Go to System Preferences.
- Select Network (under Internet & Wireless).
- Select your current network, and then click Advanced.
- Select the DNS tab.
- Select your existing DNS services and replace with SmartDNS address numbers.
Setting up SmartDNS in iOS 12:
- Go to Settings.
- Select WiFi.
- Select Current Network.
- Select Configure DNS.
- Select Manual.
- Select Add Server below “DNS Servers” and enter the DNS Server addresses provided by your SmartDNS provider.
- Make a note of your ISP’s default DNS settings before changing in case you need to switch back between services.
- Select Save.
- Return to the main menu and perform a power cycle by holding down the power button and home button at the same time until the phone restarts.
Enable Voice Search
Amazon Fire has a useful voice search function that will save you money on an additional remote with voice capabilities. You can enable this feature on Apple TV with the official Remote app for iOS. This clever hack will turn your iPhone or iPad into a remote that enables voice search for anything your heart desires. Here's how:
- Download the from the App Store.
- Connect your iOS device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV.
- Open the Apple TV Remote app on your iOS device, and choose your Apple TV.
- On your Apple TV, select Settings.
- Select General.
- Select Remotes and enter the four-digit code that appears on your iOS device.
Shop cozy movie-watching essentials below.
What is your favorite film? Tell us in the comments below.